15 Delicious Years: Chicago-Paris-Uzes
While the school is celebrating its 10th anniversary, the story of its founders goes back even further to the fateful meeting of Frenchman Eric Fraudeau and American Yetunde Oshodi. Adventurous Yetunde had already been planning to come to Paris to do an internship and then travel the world, meeting Chef Eric, who had been working in top restaurants across North America, sweetened the deal. They ventured to Paris together and started doing cooking classes. Seeing there was room in the market to open their own school, they settled on the very authentic 18th district, where they are still based, now in a larger space.
Feeling the itch to leave the big city, Eric and Yetunde pondered over the idea of starting up a branch of the school in the beautiful South of France, home to fabulous markets, charming villages and a laid back lifestyle. They found the perfect quintessentially French town, Uzès, and began doing classes there in 2015.
In either location, they follow the ethos of helping people make healthy food for themselves, traditional home-cooked style with an emphasis on French joie de vivre… which often revolves around eating well! They succeed at this through their great range of classes in both schools. You can peruse their offerings Uzès offerings here and their Paris classes here — keep a look out for last minute specials and discounts on packages of classes.
Cook’n With Class BIG Paris Sweepstakes
There will be three contests “10 Differences”, “Picture Perfect Recipe” & “Pop Quiz”. Participants can enter one or all three for a chance to equally be entered into the Grand Prize winning contest for which they will announce the winner during our anniversary party on September 28th. Enter all three contests and you have three entries into the grand prize drawing. Tell a friend and earn more chances to win.
- Flights to Paris up to 1000€ value per person
- Airport transfer in Paris
- 7 nights at the boutique hotel L’Observatoire Luxembourg
- Dinner for two at a Michelin starred restaurant in Montmartre (La Table d’Eugène)
- 3 French cooking classes at Cook’n With Class school
- Guided tour “Paris by the Seine” from Sightseeker’s Delight
- Paris hair makeover with stylist Nicole Pembrook
- 2 Customized Cook’n With Class Apron
Some of the other prizes include:
- Cookbooks: signed copy of Les Marchés Francais: Four Seasons of French Dishes from the Paris Markets by Chef Brian Dehr & photographer Pauline Boldt and a signed copy of My Paris Market Cookbook: A Culinary Tour of French Flavors and Seasonal Recipes by Emily Dilling
- Booklet of 10 Recipes from Cook’n with class founder, Chef Eric Fraudeau
- Voucher for 2 for a French cooking class in Paris
- French Survival Kit re-useable shopping bag
- Sabatier Chefs Knife kit
- A Cook’n With Class apron with your name on it.
Chef’s Table Event & Anniversary Party
On September 26th Cook’n With Class will be hosting a Chef’s Table – Food & Wine Pairing event at their Paris school which will be a “4 mains” event with Chef Eric Fraudeau and Michelin-starred chef Geffroy Maillard of La Table d’Eugène. They will be joined by sommeliers: Mona Khalife( the newest addition to the Cook’n With Class Paris team) and Frédéric Duverger. This is a paid event with limited spaces. More information here.
On September 28th we will have the anniversary party at our school and will be showcasing some of our classes. Invitees will get to participate in several ateliers as well as participate themselves in prize winning drawings throughout the evening. The party is an invite-only event, but I hear that there may be some seats to be won via the school’s Facebook page… so keep your eye on it!
Some of the prizes that night will include:
- Class vouchers from Grano & Farina Scuola di Cucina from Chef Pino Ficara and his wife and the school’s pasta chef, Julia Griner.
- Paris Cocktails Cookbook from Doni Belau of Girl’s Guide to Paris
- Original Paris inspired illustration from our illustrator Balbina Gregorczyk
- Cook’n With Class prizes including reusable shopping bags, aprons, macaron kits and more . . .
JTMN / Cook’n With Class Giveaway!
In addition to their Grand Prize Sweepstakes Competition mentioned above, to help celebrate their big anniversary Cook’n With Class has kindly offered a special prize just for my readers! This will include two free spaces on one of their Paris cooking classes and I’ll also include a signed copy of my new book Je T’Aime… Maybe? The contest is simple! Here’s all you need to do to enter:
- Like the Je T’Aime, Me Neither Facebook Page (if you don’t already)
- Like the Cook’n With Class Facebook Page
- Like the post on my Facebook page
- Share the post, tag a friend (or several) or comment with your favorite French speciality to get entered in the draw a second, third or fourth time!
- OR if you’re not on Facebook, you can enter by adding a comment to this post below on your favorite French dish.
This particular contest will close at midnight EST on Friday September 8th.
Good luck and bon appetit!