Launched at the end of 2015, INSIDR is a personalized pocket concierge and digital guide to Paris. INSIDR solves the main problems foreign travelers encounter when visiting the French capital. With INSIDR, you don’t have to hunt down a local SIM-card or WiFi networks, wait in endless lines at tourist sites, carry around and try to decipher complicated printed maps or outdated guidebooks or fall into tourist scams. However, the best aspect of INSIDR is that it allows travelers to have a truly authentic Paris experience.
Discover more about INSIDR below … and be sure to see the bottom and the special present my readers get if they book an INSIDR phone!
INNOVATIVE SERVICE FOR TRAVELERS IN PARIS
The INSIDR team has developed a complete and unique solution for travelers. Upon arrival at the airport or at your accommodation in Paris, travelers are delivered a fully customized connected smartphone with a whole range of useful features. The INSIDR service provides full connectivity and a non-commercial digital guide with maps and walks around Paris, as well as real-time access to a community of savvy locals.
Some of the main features of the service are:
- 24/7 Connectivity: unlimited calls within France, 4G data, and a WiFi hotspot for all electronic devices
- Personalized recommendations: handpicked suggestions and tips adapted to each traveler’s needs and profile. The phone has guidebooks, walking tours, specialized maps (including my custom Romantic Paris map!) and custom apps, boasting an address book with over 700 restaurants, shops, and cafes.
- Community: real-time access to the INSIDR Community of 100+ friendly (and trend-savvy) Parisians, who are happy to help out and share their insider perspective on culture, restaurants & bars, navigation, shopping, etc.
- 24/7 Personal concierge service provided by the INSIDR team: assistance around Paris, reservations for restaurants and activities, emergency support.
- VIP discounts, and skip-the-line access to cool venues and other new privileges.
In order to provide the best tips and advice to travelers, INSIDR leverages its community of 100+ trend-savvy & friendly Parisians. They give you real time recommendations on their most loved places to hang out in Paris- be it bars in Montmartre or the area for the best Asian food in Paris!
Despite only launching a year ago, the INSIDR service has already received impressive media coverage from the New York Times, Condé Nast Traveler, The Guardian and Elle.
The idea behind INSIDR was born in the spring of 2015, initiated by Nina and Benjamin Forlani, a sister-brother duo whose family whose has lived in Paris for six generations. Born and bred in Paris, Nina and Ben both share a deep connection to the city, something they wish to pass on to as many travelers as possible (you can read more about the founding of Insidr in this interview with Nina and Ben).
Although Parisians at heart, Nina and Ben are equally world explorers, and have firsthand experience of customer service and hospitality in both Japan and South Korea. This is something that they are passionate about, and they believe everyone staying in Paris deserves to experience the City of Light in the same way!
When starting out this project in 2015, their vision was to design an innovative solution to ease the problems commonly faced by visitors to Paris, and to build a tool to enhance their whole city experience. Today their dream continues to grow, and they are proud to be part of a global community uniting over 1600 travelers and 100 Parisians.
INSIDR also offers:
A simple and straight-forward pricing system, from 30€ for a weekend to 7€/day for a week.
An easy and reliable phone pick up and drop off service. The team come to you at CDG. INSIDR is there for you from the moment you land until the end of your stay.
Interested in an INSIDR phone? My readers get a special “Made in France”gift! Make sure to mention “JETAIMEMENEITHER” when booking. Find out more and book at www.insidr.paris.