Romancing Along the Seine
With quiet walkways away from the crowds and traffic noise, the banks of the Seine are an excellent place to stroll in Paris. In addition to the very romantic setting, a walk along the river’s edge also takes you past some of the Paris’ top monuments and sites. Therefore, this tour is a great way to get to a introduction to Paris’ history while amplifying the romance of your trip!
The tour begins near Hotel de Ville where we will see the two islands of central Paris, Ile Saint Louis and Ile de la Cité, from the unique vantage point of the water. We’ll talk a little about Notre Dame and some love stories link to the famous cathedral. We’ll pass by La Conciergerie and its massive tours, we’ll gaze up at the mascaron heads on Pont Neuf and see the statue of King Henri IV, known for being a ladies man. We’ll pass under the Pont des Arts (once known for its love locks) and discuss some of the romantic exploits of the royals as we extend past the Louvre. We’ll also touch on some of the love scenes commemorating the Seine in film before ending at the most romantic bridge in Paris: the glitzy Pont Alexandre III and its views of the river and the Eiffel Tower.
Why Choose This Tour:
- Great tour for 1st time visitors
- See many of Paris’ main sites
- Quintessential Paris ambiance
- Great photo opportunities
- Personalised recommendations for the rest of your trip
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Price: 250 euros, private tour for two (can have up to an additional five participants with a small extra fee for drinks)
- Multiple tour discount: Book 2 or more tours and get 10% off all tours
- Suggested time: anytime however late afternoons are better, 5pm (early spring/autumn), 6 or 7pm (summer)
- Meeting Point: Near Hotel de Ville (Exact address provided with booking confirmation).
- Inclusions: Photos with my or your camera. One drink along the river.
Please fill in the contact form below and I will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm: