I have the pleasure of hosting two podcasts for the great podcast network, Paris Underground Radio! You can find these (and subscribe!) via your favorite podcast streaming service or directly on Paris Underground Radio, which also features a dozen other great Paris Podcasts. Information on my podcasts and links to listen below!
In each episode we discover one of my top romantic places per arrondissement of the city. Many of these gems are lesser known, and each spot has its own captivating history, often with surprising lovers or love stories! Fun and informative, the podcast is perfect for lovers… or lovers of Paris!
- Episode 1: In our very first episode, we meander through the gorgeous Palais Royal, home to fascinating history, a gorgeous hidden garden and other romantic appeal. We’ll encounter secret lovers, libertine masked balls, and maybe even gain a little insight into Napoleon’s own love life.
- Episode 2: In this episode, we visit one of the most beautiful historic covered passageways in Paris, which is perfect for a romantic outing in more ways than one. She suggests her favorite way to stroll down the passage, complete with a game lovers can play along the way.
- Episode 3: Perhaps the best kept secret of the Marais, this episode visits the Hôtel de Soubise. Built for one of Louis XIV’s mistresses, it has sumptuous interiors with romantic allusions, as well as a series of beguiling secret gardens.
- Episode 4: Today’s episode takes us into the heart of the 4th arrondissement to one of the most alluring streets in all of Paris. History and romance combine as we uncover the immense intrigue of this small street.
- Episode 5: In this episode, we do some waterside romancing by journeying across the Seine River to the 5th district. We’ll visit the loveliest stretch of the riverbank on the Left Bank. The Quai de la Tournelle offers spectacular viewpoints, romantic dining spots and fascinating history. Oh, so terribly romantic!
- Episode 6: This episode takes us into the heart of the 6th arrondissement and to one of Paris’s most romantic spots: a tiny square in the Saint-Germain district. We’ll discover artists who found inspiration here, including one who was romantic in more ways then one!
- Episode 7: In this episode we venture to the chic 7th district to enter one of the loveliest secret gardens in Paris – one which was also a favorite of a pair of famous historic lovers. Tune in to discover who, and to enjoy some seductive romancing yourself!
- Episode 8: This episode travels to the posh 8th district to visit one of the most romantic museums in Paris. Set within an opulent private mansion, it houses an incredible art collection, the life’s work and labor of love of its founders: Édouard André and Nélie Jacquemart.
- Episode 9: Join us as we travel to a small side street in the 9th district to visit Paris’s most seductive bar, found in a chic boutique hotel with a risqué past. Its oh la la history and sensual decor make it the perfect place for kindling romance. Listen in to discover the history of Pigalle and this unique venue.
- Episode 10: This episode strikes a different romantic chord as we visit a lesser known, charming square in the 10th district named after romantic composer Franz Liszt. Hidden spots and an alluring café also add to the square’s romantic appeal.
- Episode 11: What do Revolutionaries and furniture-makers have in common? Discover this in today’s episode as we journey to the 11th district to visit a magical passageway, frozen in the 19th century.
- Episode 12: Care to join us for a stroll on Paris’ most unique romantic walkway? In this episode join us on the original high line, the Coulée Verte René-Dumont. Romantic alcoves, unique viewpoints, ice cream and picnicking, perfect for Romancing!
- Episode 13: Did you know that there was an ancient castle tucked away in the 13th district? Medieval queens, royal balls gone wrong, a quirky modern fairytale and Paris’s hidden river – oh la la! Get ready for a romantic adventure!
- Episode 14: Would you like to discover one of the best secret spots in Paris? Listen in as we visit an alluring and very hidden 400-year-old cloisters which tales a surprising historic drama of royal mistresses, rampant bears and poisonings!
- Episode 15: Fancy a stroll by the water’s edge? In this episode we visit Paris’s lesser known third island, with something of a love-bird history, a bridge between the US and France and exceptional views of Paris’s most famous site.
- Episode 17: This episode travels to the 17th arrondissement to visit the district’s prettiest place. Pack a picnic and make your way to the beautiful Square des Batignolles!
- Episode 18: What do a singing diva, an impressionist painter and fog have in common? Find out in this episode of Romancing in Paris which visits one of the top romantic spots in all of Paris, hidden away in the 18th!
- Episode 19: Get your walking boots on and join us in this new episode as we visit la “Butte” Bergeyre, a hidden village neighborhood in the 19th arrondissement, a hundred meters up and with picturesque cobbled streets, charming houses and some surprises!
- Episode 20: Journey with us to one of the most elegant secret romantic spots in Paris, the remains of a former royal estate and love nest… oh la la! The 20th district is more romantic than one would think! Listen in to find out why.
This podcast travels around the city to reveal one lieu caché, a hidden place. Mysterious monuments, curious cafés, secret gardens or shops frozen in time; no matter what it is, it will always be hidden in plain sight, and always have an intriguing story to tell.
- Episode 1: The Medici Column: In this first episode, you’ll discover the bewitching story behind the first column ever built in Paris. One virtually nobody knows about. A column built by a superstitious queen and shrouded in mystery, magic and the occult.
- Episode 2: Passage de la Trinité: Paris is known for its beautiful passageways, but you probably have never heard of the secret life of one of the city’s oldest, yet very hidden, passageways in the 2nd arrondissement. From religious refuge to Paris’s first theatre, this tale is as winding as the passageway itself.
- Episode 3: La Courtille Barbette: In this episode we travel to the 3rd arrondissement of Paris to visit the curious remains of a medieval enclave in the Marais. Tune in to discover its turbulent history, involving angry mobs, murder and adulterous royals.
- Episode 4: Rue du Trésor: This episode takes us into the heart of the 4th arrondissement. We uncover the story behind the mysteriously named rue du Trésor, and investigate the incredible treasure hidden beneath it for centuries.
- Episode 5: Collège de Beauvais: We venture to the 5th arrondissement of Paris to unearth the remains of the neighborhood’s Medieval colleges. Our tale also involves an infamous musketeer and libertine who would have the religious founder of this certain college rolling in its grave!
- Episode 6: La Librarie Monte Cristo: Move over Lost Generation… the 6th arrondissement’s links to Paris’s literary heritage go back much further than the 1920s. Join us for un voyage extraordinaire in this episode which visits a special bookshop, frozen in time.