The Marais, Secret Places & Seductive Stories
Narrow streets, secret gardens, pretty squares and historic mansions, the Marais is overflowing in charm. Once the vegetable garden of Paris, the area experienced a golden age from the mid 1500s to late 1600s when it became the aristocratic heart of the city…. the “heart” in many ways!
The nobles brought with them fervent love stories, duels and much more which involved galant princes, queens and a certain emperor. As we weave our way through the more tranquil streets and hidden places of the area, we’ll explore its history through these interesting stories and enchanting sites that will make you dream of another era. We’ll take a break midway to rest and have a coffee or treat to soak up the ambiance and give you more tips for your trip.
Why Choose This Tour:
- Good for 1st time and repeat visitors
- Discover less known and secret places
- Learn about Golden Age of the Marais
- Romantic photo opportunities
- Personalised recommendations for your trip
- Duration: 3 hours (with short coffee break)
- Price: 300 euros, private tour for two people (can have up to an additional five participants with a small extra fee for drinks)
- Multiple tour discount: Book 2 or more tours and get 10% off all tours
- Meeting Point: Near Hotel de Ville (Exact address provided with booking confirmation).
- Suggested Start Time: 9:30AM or 2 pm
- Inclusions: A few romantic photos with my or your camera. One beverage/person midway.
Please fill in the contact form below and I will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm: